Quote:

"Don't spend time worrying about how you are going to die. Worry about how you are going to live today"

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Today I Ran for Peggy

Today is the 3 year anniversary of the passing of my best friend's mom from lung cancer.  I have been thinking about Peggy and my best friend all morning.  I just can't get them out of my head.  I think about Peggy's laugh and zest for life and picture her at happy hour with us over drinks.  She was always upbeat, positive and young spirited.  She was a beautiful woman who loved to garden and listen to music.  She passed way too early and my best friend has been robbed of having her mom be here to see her kids grow up.  My heart aches for my best friend as she is still coping with this great loss.

Today I started my day with my workout.  I have been running in recent weeks but the most I have done is 5 1/4 miles.  Today I ran for Peggy.  I pushed myself to run a full 6 miles in her honor today.  I thought about all she went through in the last months of her life and realized my run was NOTHING compared to that.  I though about her smile and laugh.  I thought about the amazing relationship she had with my best friend.  I remembered when she met my son, held him, played with him and laughed.  I thought about how sad my best friend has been at losing her. 

Six miles was nothing but today thoughts of Peggy gave me hope, strength and peace.  Today I ran for Peggy.  May God please find a cure for all types of cancer one day so no child has to lose their mom to cancer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment