Quote:

"Don't spend time worrying about how you are going to die. Worry about how you are going to live today"

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day after chemo - love the steroid buzz

It's the day after chemo three and I am full of energy.  I am still on the steroids which give you unlimited energy!  Oh if I could only have this kind of energy on a daily basis!  Today is the last day of steroids though so tomorrow I will only have my regular energy. 

Today I was up and hit the gym.  I did my 60 minutes on the elliptical and it felt good.  I did a few weights and 10 minutes of stretching.  I then had my last physical therapy appointment.  My range of motion is all back to normal.  Gosh I will miss my physical therapist....she's a doll!  I then went off to the Pandora store and treated myself to my 3rd Pandora ring...one for each chemo.  I picked out an extra special one for my final chemo which is in 20 days (yes, I am counting the days!!!).  I will proudly go and pick it up three weeks from today and gladly say "I am finished with chemo"! 

After that, I was off to get the "nasty" neulasta shot.  I hope it does not cause me any bone pain this time. Last time it somehow missed me and it was a pleasant surprise!  I am hoping for the same this time around.

Hard to believe I had chemo yesterday.  I had such a GREAT day today.  The sun was shining and I was busy and full of energy.  I never thought I could do this whole chemo thing.  I have been truly blessed.  I know I am over the chemo hump now and that just feels SO damn good! 

I hope the coming days bring me no side effects.  I hope the coming weeks bring a continued full head of hair and minimal shedding.  That would make this all so much easier! 

On another note, I went bathing suit shopping today.  ICK!  What in the heck do you do to hide these ugly tissue expander coconut boobs?  I don't know how I will plan on going to the neighborhood pool in May and early June before my final implants are put in.  Lord...these things are ugly!  I am going to have to really shop for a bikini with good coverage of the coconuts.  I have a feeling this will be getting expensive to find something to hide this look. 

I told my husband about the bathing suit shopping and panic and how I was going to cover up these things.  He said "don't worry about it...people will just think you got a really bad boob job".  Nice...gotta love a man's perspective (smile).

No comments:

Post a Comment