Quote:

"Don't spend time worrying about how you are going to die. Worry about how you are going to live today"

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Enjoying feeling good before more chemo

Time flies when you are having chemo!  I can't believe next week I will be ready for chemo #3!  After that I will be 75% completed.  It seems like the weeks in between chemo just fly by so fast.  It's funny because when I started chemo it seemed like it would last forever.  Now I can barely enjoy my time in between because time goes so quickly.

I have my weekly blood draws.  Last week they said the iron levels had dropped so I stared iron tablets daily.  This week they said my platelets were dropping a bit.  The levels are not too low for me to get the next chemo, but we have to watch the levels.  Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to help with platelet levels, but I continue to eat foods high in iron daily when I can to help with the iron levels.

I feel good for going through chemo.  I have continued to exercise 5 days a week since chemo started and the only days I have missed have been infusion days.  I do get some tiredness in my thighs at the end of the day (a slight burning feeling like my legs were tired from a workout) but for the most part that's the only side effect I am experiencing.  I can live with that!

The Penguin Cold Caps seem to be doing their job.  My hair is still hanging on.  When I look in the mirror, it's a full head of hair which makes me happy.  I continue to notice more strands than average fall out each day, but no clumps come out and I have no bald spots or anything.  My friends and family only notice I don't wear my usual hair style (blown out straight) so it looks different to them, but really it still looks like my hair.

I have 4 more weeks until I am finished with chemo!  I am over half way there at this point.  I am so glad to know I am pushing through it.  So far, it has been way easier than I thought.  I can only hope and pray that the rest goes just like that.  I am going to stay optimistic that this is how it will go!

No comments:

Post a Comment