Quote:

"Don't spend time worrying about how you are going to die. Worry about how you are going to live today"

Sunday, April 10, 2011

It's chemo week.....again

This week I will have chemo treatment #3.  That means I will only have one more to go.  I never thought I would get here, let alone that it would happen so fast.  The weeks have flown by since starting chemo.  I can't believe it has gone so quickly. 

I have managed way better than I imagined so far.  I keep waiting for the shoe to drop and to feel awful.  It just can't be this easy getting through chemo.  It just can't be.  I want to remain optimistic that it could be this easy, but I am having a hard time buying that!

I am thinking about doing chemo again on Wednesday and having a little anxiety over it.  I just hate waiting for side effects or the possibility of feeling bad.  Oh and the eating non-stop for days following chemo due to the steroids. I just can't stop eating carbs in the days following chemo.  I don't know how anyone can be that hungry! 

I am counting my blessings that I have felt so good.  I have not missed a workout since starting chemo other than infusion days.  I have not taken any naps.  I have not felt nauseous at all (I have not taken one pill for that).  I pray that I continue to feel this good and just get through this OK.  One can hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment