Quote:

"Don't spend time worrying about how you are going to die. Worry about how you are going to live today"

Friday, April 15, 2011

Steroid hangover

The day following the steroids is nearly not as good as the day of the steroids.  The excessive energy you get while you are on them is great...you feel peppy and get so much done.  The downside is that you can't sleep when you have to take a dose before bed.  I was up until 2:30am!  Yikes!  That makes for a long day when I have to get up at 6:30am to get my son ready for school!  So needless to say I am a little tired out today!

The other thing about chemo that has been disrupting my sleep is the night sweats.  I get them at least a few times a night and I wake up every time.  Last night though I must have had ten of them!  That combined with the steroid buzz which was keeping me up made for a very sleepless night.  I knew it wasn't going to be good when my husband bailed and headed for the guest room around midnight!  Poor guy!  I keep him up every night with my thrashing around while I try to cool off from the night sweats.  I love being forced into menopause due to chemo (also known as "chemopause").  It seems like the night sweats are worse right in the days following chemo so I am going to remain optimistic that slowly they will reduce back to only a few times each night.  One can hope, right?

I did manage to do my workout today - one whole hour on the elliptical and some upper body physical therapy exercises.  I was dragging a little today though overall I am sure from the lack of sleep.  I am planning on sleeping good tonight so I am feeling more perky tomorrow since it's the weekend.  I have been lazy all day other than my workout but I needed a good lazy day right about now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment