Quote:

"Don't spend time worrying about how you are going to die. Worry about how you are going to live today"

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Avoiding Chemicals....what do I do??

I am still trying to make better choices with my health care products because so many of the chemicals used in soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, etc.... are not good for those of us with hormone positive breast cancer.  Several months ago I threw out everything in my bathroom - literally and bought all new safer products.  At the time it was extremely overwhelming and I tried to figure out what to buy but I am not sure I made the right choices.  Now I am revisiting that whole topic and trying to research what products are OK to use and what chemicals I need to avoid.

In my recent reading, I came across this article: http://cincovidas.com/toxic-truth/ingredients-to-avoid-in-personal-care-products/ and I instantly became overwhelmed.  The article has a lot of information in it, but it is pretty thorough and lists so many chemicals that should be avoided.   There were so many things beyond parabens and sulfates.  I really had no idea there were that many bad things in make up and body care products.  After I read the list, I went to the bathroom and got my body care products and make up and started to see how many of these bad chemicals are in what I thought were safer products.  Well after reviewing my make up alone I realized that I need to go shopping for new make up again!  Some of my items were O.K., but some of them contain chemicals listed in the article that should be avoided.  So I am headed to an organic make up shop next week to see what I can come up with.  I have a feeling this is going to get expensive!!  I am bringing a print out of the article with me so I can be sure I am avoiding all of those evil chemicals!  I was happy that the Tarte mascara I have been using does not contain the bad chemicals.  That was a bonus.  I don't go anywhere without mascara!

No comments:

Post a Comment