Quote:

"Don't spend time worrying about how you are going to die. Worry about how you are going to live today"

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

How Much Difference One Year Makes

Tomorrow it will be one year exactly since they told me they thought I had breast cancer and did five biopsies.  So much has happened since then.  In some ways I can't believe it has already been a year, but in other ways I feel like it was a long year.  Either way, I am still dealing with the major changes in my life since that dreaded day.

In two days I will have what should be my final reconstruction surgery.  I remember after I found out I had breast cancer and met with doctors I told myself "this crap is going to take one year" to get through.  On my surgery day, it will be exactly 366 days.  Crazy.

At this point I am so sick of surgeries, doctors and even needles!  I am not as nervous as I was for prior surgeries but I guess that is because by now I am a "pro" at this crap.  I can also see how some women get to this point and they just say "screw it" and don't do further reconstruction.  I could easily do that at this point, but I told myself it would be one year so I am just going to do it.  I am not looking forward to it at all....I just want it over with!

So last year for Christmas I got breast cancer,  This year I am getting nipples and areolas.  That is something I never thought I would get for Christmas!  I sure hope they are pretty!  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment