Quote:

"Don't spend time worrying about how you are going to die. Worry about how you are going to live today"

Monday, December 12, 2011

Slamming The Door on Breast Cancer

I had what I hope will be my final surgery on Friday.  I was pleasantly surprised at how calm I was.  I did not really get nervous even when they rolled me into the operating room.  I guess I am a real pro at this now after all the procedures and things that have happened in the last year.  I guess surgery is just not a big deal anymore.  Gotta love the breast cancer side effects.

At this point, now what I am done with surgery and it has been a whole year since my diagnosis (it was confirmed 1 year ago today), I am ready to slam the door on breast cancer and move on with my life.  I am tired of living in a breast cancer world.  At this point I want a "normal" life again.  I want to live in the moment and experience joy and happiness, not live in fear of breast cancer.  So in honor of it being one year since my diagnosis I am slamming the door as hard as I can and walking away with a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment