Quote:

"Don't spend time worrying about how you are going to die. Worry about how you are going to live today"

Thursday, July 24, 2014

I Got The Text This Time

Last time someone I know was diagnosed with breast cancer, I got the phone call for help and information.  A few weeks ago....I got the text.  A good friend's mom was diagnosed with Stage 3 triple negative breast cancer.   This was hard for me to take since one of my good friends of over 15 years just finished treatment the week before.  My heart sank again. 

Every time someone I know gets diagnosed I get angry.  Why can't there be a cure for this beast?  It deeply saddens me to know that someone else has to live with the reality of breast cancer and the fear that is associated with it.  Since my own diagnosis I have had many friends and acquaintances get diagnosed.  Breast Cancer is EVERYWHERE!  I just never knew how prevalent it was.  Now it touches my life in so many ways and far to often. 

I continue to pray every day for a cure or even a vaccine to prevent the disease from ever happening again.  For now I also continue to offer support and an ear to those going through diagnosis and treatment.  Since starting this blog I have talked to many women - especially those using cold caps through chemo.  It makes me feel good to give back and to offer hope to someone that is holding on by a thread.  I hope one day I won't have to help anyone with breast cancer because it no longer exists.

6 comments:

  1. Hi
    I've been following your blog, especially about the cold caps as I just started chemo last Friday and am using the chemo cold caps not penguin. We'll see how it goes.
    I wanted to ask you about the rash you had while on taxotere. I read your post on the breast cancer forums and I too have been itching and a terrible rash on my chest that just grows each day and it's only been a week. Did you continue with taxotere or did they switch you to taxol? I'm worried about continuing if it's this bad already.
    Love your blog. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not develop the rash until after my 3rd chemo I believe. They kept me on taxotere and said it was not from the chemo. Knowing what I know now after the fact...I believe the chemo caused me to become more sensitive to things and develop allergies because it messes with your immune system. All of a sudden I found I was allergic to my laundry soap and I had been using it for a long time. Once I finally figured it out and changed laundry soaps, the rash went away. You may be having an issue with the taxotere or becoming allergic to something else. I did also see a dermatologist because I was miserable. They tried to solve the problem but could not figure it out. They did prescribe some steroids and topical steroids to help. Did you try benedryl? I also used Sarna - found in the first aid section of the drug store. It had a cooling effect. After a while my skin felt like it was flaming and on fire. This provided a little relief for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. My name is Alex 34 years old. I am about to start the same chemo regimen you did and going to use cold caps. Please email me alexandrabray@hotmail.com so we can chat. I hope to hear from you very soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://islamguzelahlaktir.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS WITH HIS HERBAL PORTION I WAS COMPLETELY CURED FROM BREAST CANCER.
    I'm here again to appreciate. DR WILLIAMS God will always continue to bless you more abundantly, for the good works you don in my life, I will always keep on writing good and posting my testimonies about you on the Internet, I’m Jessica from Orlando, Florida. I was tested breast cancer positive, I saw a blog on how DR WILLIAMS cured people with his herbal portion, i did not believe in natural medicine but i just decided to give him a try, I contacted him,and explain my situation to him,few day later he sent me the herb, after taking doc Williams herbal medicine for few week i also got my healing with his herbal portion, i am so happy. If you have any type of cancer problem or you are also infected with any kind of disease, contact him Drwilliams098765@gmail.com for advice and for his product,i hope this testimony also help some one out there

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS I HAVE NEVER BELIEVE IN HERBAL REMEDIES.
    my daughter have been a patient of breast cancer . I had tried a lot of anti viral med prescribed to me by doctors over how many years now but I could not see any improvements in my daughter symptoms. One day while going through the internet , i got to know about this great Herbal Dr who uses his herbal remedies in curing people from cancer,quickly i contacted him and he prepared a herbal medication for my daughter which i received and he used it as instructed by dr williams. After few weeks the improvement were very visible.the redness and nipple discharge gradually stooped ,on thing now she is so full of life. I would recommend this to all my friends,families,around the globe suffering from cancer.you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com.for advice and for his product THANKS TO YOU ONCE AGAIN DR WILLIAMS

    ReplyDelete