Quote:

"Don't spend time worrying about how you are going to die. Worry about how you are going to live today"

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I just made new curtains, what is wrong with me???

So my surgery is tomorrow and I have tried to say busy all day.  So I got home this afternoon and decided to sew new curtains for my bedroom.  Here I sit in my freshly painted bedroom with my beautiful, new curtains I just finished!  When I told my sister in law I was going to sew curtains today she said "you are something, really".   I responded with "I am a bit crazy, maybe neurotic".  We laughed.  What is wrong with me?  I am having major surgery tomorrow and I am sewing curtains....I guess I just thought I would find comfort having a newly decorated room for my recovery.  Now I plan to do some online retail therapy to order new sheets, slip cover for my chair/ottoman and some wall sconces with candles.  I am an artist so I will be designing some fabulous art for the walls during my recovery (I do graphic art prints).  I guess stress and anxiety manifests itself in so many ways.  At least I have a nice new paint job in my bedroom and beautiful new custom curtains to enjoy in the coming weeks while I get better!  Call me crazy.........

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you.

    My Sentinel node biopsy and lumpectomy are tomorrow. I have a wide range of emotions and I simply cannot imagine yours.

    I'm pretty sure that chemo will be a part of my treatment - ER+, PR+ and HER2+. It may as well be a done deal based upon all I have read.

    Praying, praying, praying...for both physical and emotional healing for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete