Quote:

"Don't spend time worrying about how you are going to die. Worry about how you are going to live today"

Friday, March 30, 2012

Life is Good

When I think about how life was at this time last year and compare it to life now, I can't believe how different things are!  This time last year I had just finished my second chemo infusion.  I still had surgeries remaining and was in the thick of breast cancer.  Part of it seems like yesterday, but parts of it seem so long ago.  Because life seems so much more normal, sometimes it feels like it never happened.  I do have the lovely scars to prove that it did though.

When I look at my life now, it is filled with things I didn't imagine.  At this time last year, I wanted out of my job horribly.  Now I no longer work there and am free to work on my own business and have time to take care of my family.  A year ago, I couldn't run at all despite working out all the time.  I had not been running in years.  Now I run 6 miles at a time a few days a week.  After getting diagnosed, I never thought I would do that. I never ran that much even in my 20's and 30's.  Now I am 46 and a year out from breast cancer and I am doing that!  At this point I am considering training for a half marathon!  My body also feels SO much better.  I had so many aches and pains from stress, driving in the car all the time for my job and exercising that I felt like an old woman.  The hip pain I had for five years from IT-Band issues is completely gone!  The heel spur that made it hard for me to walk at times is barely noticed.  My stress level is reduced greatly and I just feel so much better.  My secrets are yoga, exercise, reducing my stress and just focusing on the things that really matter.

What is strange to me is that I feel THIS good a year later.  Life is just good!  I guess breast cancer changes so many things in your life, but some of them can be for the better if you stop and think about it.  For anyone reading this that is going through the breast cancer journey, try to have faith that life will be good again.  I could not see that in the middle of my journey, but now I am living it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment