Quote:

"Don't spend time worrying about how you are going to die. Worry about how you are going to live today"

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Physical therapy and exercising

So how much longer can I sit around in this house without exercising?  I am going crazy in here!  My body is so use to moving and exercising it does not know what to do anymore sitting and laying around.  My poor hip is so sore from sitting.  I can't wait to start moving again.

My plastic surgeon talked to me a little about starting physical therapy.  I jumped at the chance because I love the idea of working with a PT that can help me get moving quicker.  I really want to be proactive on doing things that will help me avoid losing range of motion in my arms and shoulders from my surgery.  I also got full clearance to start doing the post surgery rehabilitation exercises here at home.  I got a jump on that this morning.  I felt stiff this morning, so I waited to do them after I had a nice, long, hot shower so my muscles would be warmed up and not so tight. I did the eight or so exercises and it felt pretty good!  I was a little tight, but not as much as I thought and I felt better after I completed them.  I have to do these twice a day so I will do them again tonight. 

I decided that I am driving again next week.  All I want to do is drive myself to the mall so I can go walking and drive myself to physical therapy.  Oh - one more thing, drive myself to church.  I would love some spiritual time and church.  That has been missing since my surgery.  The mall is only 3 miles from my house so I think I can handle that.  PT is not much further and it's kind of close to my church.   I can't wait to actually get of the house next week by myself!  I promise to not go if it's snowing bad or during rush hour...I swear!

I also started looking into other things to help me get through chemo.  I called on acupuncture. It costs over $100 an hour and they don't bill insurance.  Ouch!  I looked on my insurance company's website and they say they do cover some acupuncture for nausea and vomiting due to chemotherapy.  I am calling about that today!  I am going to find a way to get that covered.  My hospital also offers a yoga class just for cancer patients.  It is offered two days a week (Monday and Thursday)!  I can start 4 weeks after surgery so I am going to do it.  It is done on a drop in basis and only costs $10 per class.  I think that will be a good thing for me.  I am excited about that.  

I also am looking for a massage therapist that works with breast cancer patients.  I have a Spa Finder gift card and hope I can find a way to use it.  That sounds SOOOO good right now.  A massage.  The hard part is you can't just go to any massage therapist now that I am at risk of lymphedema.  I have to find a massage therapist that knows how to deal with this and is specially trained.  I know they must exist so I am going to search for that today. 

I have also been stretching my lower body.  I need to keep doing that.  All of the sitting around is killing me.  My poor hips and butt are sore from being so inactive and sitting around for weeks.  I hope this helps!  I can't wait to get movin' again!  I think it will bring some new life in to me. 

1 comment:


  1. Colorectal cancer, cancer of the large intestine, is the fourth most common cancer in North America. Many cases of colorectal cancer are associated with low levels of physical activity and with diets that are low in fruits and vegetables. Individuals with a family history of the disease have a higher risk. I crumble with this disease for 5 years also with a lot of scaring thought in my head because i was just waiting for death every day of my life until My Son came to me in the hospital explaining to me that he has find a herbal healer from Nigeria to cure my Colo-Rectal Cancer,I was so shocked with the ideal also i was excited inside of me.My son asked me to let us give him a try because we have really heard a lot of scammer pretending to cure all sort of diseases with herbal medicine and some of them never get a positive result at the end of it all but we was very confident on this herbal doctor,like i said we give him a try and he sent me a herbal medicine to drink for three weeks, Sincerely I'm telling you today I' alive and healthy no more laying on sick bed,No more Colo-Rectal Cancer.I'm sharing this testimony on here for people who are sick to contact this Wonderful man,His name is Dr Itua.And His contact Whatsapp_+2348149277967____Email... drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.
    He can cure those diseases like:
    Bladder cancer
    Breast cancer
    Colorectal cancer
    Kidney cancer
    Leukemia
    Lung cancer
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
    Prostate cancer
    Skin cancer
    Uterine cancer
    Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, Spell,Lottery Spell,disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Infertility,Tach Disease ,Epilepsy ,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma, (measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Allergic diseases.Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.
    Dementia.,Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis
    Love Spell
    Diabetes

    ReplyDelete