Quote:

"Don't spend time worrying about how you are going to die. Worry about how you are going to live today"

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bone pain....

I am six days out after my first chemotherapy session.  I have been getting by OK but today got crappy.  I woke up at 2:00am with horrible pain in my pelvis, sacrum and lower back. It was intense, shooting pains - like nerve pain but way more intense.  It was like the pain would just shoot though my soul.  It was so horrible.  I just could not get comfortable after that so I was up most of the rest of the night.  What does a girl have to do to get some sleep???  Ativan, xanax and ambien do not work...I have not had more than 5 hours sleep since my chemo on 3/2!  Ugh!

Needless to say, today was long.  My body is just aching from the bone pain (the bone pain is a side effect of the neulasta shot I was given a day after chemo to stimulate blood cells).  I have never experienced pain exactly like this...it brings me to my knees and is so intense.  After hours of shooting like pains, the pain started to get more like an intense ache in my hips, pelvis and upper thighs.  It feels like the body aches from the flu but much worse.  No matter if you sit, stand, lay - whatever, you just don't get relief.  I tried taking Tylenol, I did hot baths, stretched and laid down but there has been no relief.  I just kept moving today to not think about it.  I got my butt out of bed and went to the gym and did the elliptical for 45 minutes (that was the only time I was not in pain today) and stretched.  That felt good, but as soon as I left the gym, the intense pain was back. 

I have no idea how long this is going to last, but it just sucks!  I am so uncomfortable.  It just drives me crazy knowing that I have to do this three more times.  What torture.  Can I just say that breast cancer sucks???? 

No comments:

Post a Comment