Quote:

"Don't spend time worrying about how you are going to die. Worry about how you are going to live today"

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Full of shit....literally

Yes, I read there can be constipation from chemotherapy and I asked all kinds of questions in advance so I could avoid this unfortunate situation.  I asked "can I take a laxative on the day of chemo?" and I was told, "you shouldn't do that - you may not have any issues". Blah, blah, blah......why do I listen to these people?

So not so bright, but very early this morning (5:45am), I was suffering in agony in the bathroom on the toilet.  (Yes, this is too much information but then again I have no modesty anymore after getting breast cancer so I don't care).  I had to poop so bad but could not go.  I felt like I had rocks in my colon. Ugh!  It was awful.  There I sat, in the dark, moaning as I was literally full of shit!  I had to get my husband out of bed and send him to the pharmacy for another Fleets Enema at 5:45am!  OMG!  Thank goodness the pharmacy is only 2 miles away! 

I waited and waited for him to come back like I was waiting for a present or something good - that's how desperate I was!  I was actually looking forward to the enema!  Lord help me.  I was full of shit!

Once I was no longer full of shit, it was a relief.  Good lord....these nurses should just tell people to take a laxative, PERIOD!  I normally suffer from IBS with diarrhea....can you imagine how someone that is normally constipated would have been in this situation!?!?! All I know is that I don't plan on being "full of shit" after the next chemo.  I am taking a laxative and I don't care what anyone says.  Oh and by the way...those stool softeners are worthless - FYI.  I took those for 2 days with no luck. 

Other than the poop issue, I am still OK post chemo.  I am sore from the good workout I did on my legs yesterday at the gym (ouch!) and did not sleep too good from the tissue expander fill from yesterday.  I am tired because of that, but don't really feel ill from the chemo yet.  I have been hungry, but nothing sounds good.  I have been eating toast, pasta and pretzels.  I don't feel nausea at all or have a bad taste in my mouth.  I just can't think of any food that actually sounds good to eat.  I have no idea what I am going to have for dinner...but I am hungry again!  I am going to force some more water down because it is good for me, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment