Quote:

"Don't spend time worrying about how you are going to die. Worry about how you are going to live today"

Friday, September 23, 2011

Birthdays have a whole new meaning

Today is my birthday...yes, I turned 46 (ouch!)!  I am officially closer to 50 than 40 now and that freaks me out.  I don't feel 46.  I think I am only 35 really. 

Earlier this week my husband asked me "what do you want to do on your birthday?".  I said "nothing...I don't want to be a year older."  Today though, I marveled at being a year older.  Having a birthday is a gift after breast cancer.  Each birthday I have will mark another year of being cancer free, alive and well.  There is something to be said for that given what the last 9 months have been like for me. 

So today, I actually woke up and felt GOOD about my birthday.  I am glad to be a year older. What a blessing.  After working out and having a nice big brownie after lunch I showered and decided it was time I looked like the "old me" again.  For the first time since February I used a blow dryer and styled my hair with the flat iron like I use to before breast cancer (with the Cold Cap protocol, you can't use hair dryers or flat irons).  It felt so good to actually style my hair!  I use to hate blow drying my long hair because it took so long, but today I enjoyed it!  I actually look like myself again which was THE BEST birthday present I could have.  Today I am counting my years and my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment