Quote:

"Don't spend time worrying about how you are going to die. Worry about how you are going to live today"

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Moments of a normal life

Since moving out of state last month I have been so busy trying to get settled I have not had much time to write.  My days are filled with "normal" annoying activities like getting a new driver's licence, changing our address on everything, finding new doctors and looking for a house.  My day was topped off by going to the social security office to get a new social security card (somehow it was lost in the move) and waiting for an eternity.  Boy, does this feel like a normal life or what?

One thing that has been hard for me since the move is having social interaction.  My husband goes to work and my son goes to school so they have people to interact with all day.  I wish I had that at this point!  I get up and go to the gym after getting my son on the bus.  I run errands, come home and have lunch.  My entire day is spent alone with no one to talk to.  My friends and family all work so they don't have time to chat during the day.  This is driving me nuts!  It is so isolating.  At this point I have spent so much time alone since getting diagnosed I just can't take it anymore!

The good news is that a dear friend of mine was in town today.  We talk often but have not seen each other in a few years.  We went to dinner tonight and boy was it fun!  I had forgotten how nice it is to go out with a girlfriend, have a glass of wine with dinner and just talk and laugh.  It was so much fun and so needed!  It actually made me feel "normal" again.

Slowly by slowly there are more "normal" feeling moments in my life.  The more normal my life gets, the less I think about breast cancer.  I guess for now I will try to enjoy the many normal things each day brings...even waiting in line at the Secretary of State getting a new driver's licence (ha ha!).

No comments:

Post a Comment