Quote:

"Don't spend time worrying about how you are going to die. Worry about how you are going to live today"

Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Better Christmas

The holidays this year have brought me so many mixed emotions.  At times I flash back to last year....living in silence through all the holidays with my breast cancer secret.  It was agonizing.  I don't know how I got through each day.  I was filled with fear, anxiety, bad thoughts and more.  I carried the burden of not telling my family and friends until after the holidays that I had breast cancer.  I had such anxiety over how I would tell people, what I would say and how they would take my news.  I just wanted to scream "I have cancer" to get it over with, but I just couldn't. 

Now I sit back and think about last year at this time and what a different place I am in now.  I am grateful for that.  Life is better....a lot better.  I feel like I am actually getting my life back.  I feel good and have energy.  I am happy.  I never thought I would get here.  I guess I can officially say "breast cancer won't define me" and believe it.  It has taken such a long time to get to this place in my mind and life.  It is well deserved. 

This year I had a better Christmas!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to hear that you overcome the pain and having a better life. I hope you have great Christmas the coming years too. Your courage is a great inspiration.
    Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete