Quote:

"Don't spend time worrying about how you are going to die. Worry about how you are going to live today"

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Enough already!!!!

My hair continues to shed...blech!   I am so sick of the crazy shedding that is going on right now.  Somehow I thought by now (6 weeks after completing chemo) things would feel more normal in the hair department.  But, I was wrong.....

I had horrible "hair envy" at the gym today.  I saw a woman with beautiful, silky, thick, long dark brown hair and I just wanted to push her off the elliptical!!! (just for a split second....I didn't actually act on my horrible thought).  For the past 6 months I have been obsessed with boobs and hair....something needs to stop the madness of this, really. 

After I had that moment of hair envy and severe hair jealousy, I walked away and thought to myself....."I bet there are lots of women that just completed chemo that have hair envy of me right now".   I felt better.  No, my hair is not pretty right now or thick and luscious, but it is is THERE and it is MY hair.  I am going to be grateful for that as I pick off every strand that continues to fall today......(as the shedding continues).  I keep going to sleep every night and telling myself "tomorrow the shedding will start to lighten up".   I am trying to remain optimistic but I have been saying that for over a week now.........getting kind of sick of saying it and it not happening.  Enough already with the shedding....ENOUGH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment