Quote:

"Don't spend time worrying about how you are going to die. Worry about how you are going to live today"

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Throwing everything out

Now that I have realized how bad most make up, body care products, shampoo, etc...is for me, I have been on a binge to get rid of anything bad in my house.  What a huge task and an expensive one at that! Lord! 

Yesterday I went in my bathroom and pulled everything out of the cabinet.  I got a garbage bag and just started throwing everything away.  I read the labels on everything and realized that all my products contain parabens and sulfates which are not good for me.  I threw out shampoo, conditioner, hair gel, deep conditioner, deodorant, body lotion, bubble bath, soap, make up, moisturizers and more.  All I can say is "cha-ching".  I threw away so much yesterday - the bag was full.  I would hate to add up how much money all that stuff was worth.  I guess I am better off not knowing or telling my husband!

I replaced my make up with Physican's Formula Organic make up and Aveda make up products.  I switched my shampoos and conditioners to the Organix line and Burt's Bee's products. I also got Burt's Bees body lotion, hand lotion and tinted lip balms (instead of lipstick).  Then I switched body soap to the Jason brand which is also organic.  I now have Aveda Be Curly hair gel for curly days and Giovanni hair straightener for straight hair days.  There is even a Giovanni organic hairspray which I don't like too well, but it will do for now.  I did get some other hair gels made by the Organix brand that are made from Moroccan oil and coconut oils.  The deodorant of choice is Bubble and Bee that I ordered online a few weeks ago.  My bathroom is paraben, sulfate and chemical free now!  What a relief!

Now I have to move on to my son's bathroom and my husband's health care products.  I don't want them using the crappy stuff either.  I did get my son the Burt's Bees' no tears baby shampoo today while I was out.  Now I need to find a body wash and body lotion for my son.  I think I will run to Meijer or Target this week and see what else they have for organic and chemical free products.  They had a lot of choices last time I was there.  I also need to find hand soaps for all the bathrooms that are chemical free and then I move on to cleaning products.  I will have to switch out so many things to remove these bad chemicals from our house, but it's worth the effort to me.  I know it's not good for me or my family.  I can only imagine how much it is going to run me for all the remaining soaps and cleaning products.  I guess it's all part of the process of breast cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment