Quote:

"Don't spend time worrying about how you are going to die. Worry about how you are going to live today"

Monday, March 28, 2011

Hair is hanging on...still

I am still obsessing about my hair.  I can't help it!  So I am now 26 days after my first chemo treatment and 5 days after my second chemo treatment and still have hair!  I won't say it has been without obsessing and effort, but there is hair!  I believe the Penguin Cold Caps are going to work for me!

The hair has still been shedding a little but I do believe it is slowing down since my worst day which was Saturday.  Today I combed lightly using a wide tooth comb and being very gentle.  I had hair come out - more than normal which has me stressed, but when I look in the mirror there is still a full head of hair.  That is what I WILL focus on. 

Right now I have been focusing on the hair that falls out...there is still way more hair on the head than there is in my comb or on the floor.  For now people see me like everyone else - with hair.  No one has noticed my hair being any different...other than not styled my normal way, but that's nothing to me. 

Tonight I covered up my roots with colormark to make me feel better.  It looks better that way....I feel a little more like me.  I wore a cute hat today to cover up the flat/unstyled hair I am sporting and I looked cute in the hate.  One of the hardest things is finding a new normal in all of this.  For me the new normal will be a little less hair with no style, but it IS hair which is my goal.  I am going to try to remember that each day I get up as those around me also going through chemo don't have hair.  A BAD hair day is a GOOD hair day to someone going through chemo......

On a bright note...still no chemo side effects!  If I make it through tomorrow with no bone pain I am home free!

No comments:

Post a Comment